One of the largest tech giants in the world, Google is one of the key organizations that have taken up helping business through COVID-19. I already wrote on how Google opened up their premium video chat/conference tool Google Meet, totally free for everyone.
Today, I wanted to write about the entire COVID-19 support for small businesses that Google is carrying out worldwide. Please do remember some of these offers and services and partnerships are for US only or for certain regions only. While most of them are for all small businesses, are pretty much worldwide.
First, two important links;
- Google committed to providing $800M+ in COVID-19 response efforts. You visit this link to Read more
- Google also committed to providing special offers to help small businesses through COVID-19. You can Read all about it here.
If you’re too busy to check out all of the information on the above links, I have attempted to list down some of the most useful and/or important support services for small businesses, below;
Google Ad Credits for Small Biz
Google made available $340 million in Google Ads credits to all SMBs with active accounts over the past year. These ad credits can be used at any point until 31st December 2020 across their ad platforms. Ad credits will begin to roll out starting in late May. Over the following months, eligible customers will be notified and will see the ad credit applied in their Google Ads account. So if you’ve been running ads, check your ad accounts :)
Special offers to Get your Store from Offline to Online
If you have a shop without a website, social page or any online presence, Google has put together a collection of support services to get your shop online. You will be able to find a list of 20+ service providers such as Shopify, GoDaddy, BigCommerce, Square, Hubspot, Constant Contact, HootSuite, and many more. You might remember that I have already blogged on some of these. It’s worth checking out each of them to see if there are any services that you might benefit from, free or massive discounts.
Free digital skills training
- Primer – Explore bite-sized lessons to help you better your business. Download the app
- Skillshop – Master the Google tools you use at work with self-paced courses and certifications. Visit this page to learn Google Ads, Google Marketing, Analytics Academy, Google my business, Google AdMob, and more.
- Grow with Google (On Air) – Grow your digital skills no matter where you’re located through virtual workshops and events. You can register for on demand and upcoming training. Also get 1 on 1 coaching. Fundamentals of Online marketing, Power your job search with Google tools, Build your Digital skills and online presence are some of the featured lessons.
- Applied Digital Skills – Learn everyday digital skills using free video-based lessons.
- Digital Garage – Get new skills for a digital world. Learn at your own pace, with flexible and personalized training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive and get certified online. (This isn’t listed on the original page but I wanted to add this for your benefit)
Get Local Support from the Google Business Groups
If you live in Sri Lanka, you can contact the Google Business Group (I’m the co-manager) to find additional local support. Contact us via email – email@example.com or drop a messenger chat m.me/gbgsrilanka. Quick heads-up, GBG Colombo usually conducts in-person events, training and workshops which have now come to a halt due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we are awaiting new guidelines and resources from Google to re-commence events online from June onwards. If you want to keep tabs of what GBG Colombo is doing in Sri Lanka, Like & Follow the official Facebook page, here.
If you are anywhere else in the world, many cities have their own GBG chapter. Search for them here and connect with them to get the local support your small business would need.
Bonus: Here’s another great resource;
Here’s how top tech giant Google supports Small Businesses through COVID-19👇https://smallbusiness.withgoogle.com/news/resources-for-smbs-impacted-by-coronavirus/#!/Tweet
Check out this growing list of FREE tools, services, and resources offered in support of small businesses facing the COVID-19 global crisis. 👇https://indunanayakkara.wordpress.com/2020/05/01/support-for-small-businesses-during-coronavirus-covid-19/Tweet
I don’t have any affiliation with the service provider at the time of publishing this post.
I’m the co-manager of Google Business Group Colombo (GBG Colombo) and the country Lead for Women Will by Google.